Hey everyone, so I had a box of chocolate Oreos in the cupboard for ages because wasn’t quite sure what I wanted to bake with them. Then I just decided on Oreo Cupcakes!! The recipe is super simple and the buttetcream is actually to die for, like it tastes so so good and isn’t too sweet. These cupcakes would definitely go down well for the festive seasonal parties.
200g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
250g caster sugar
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
80g butter, at room temperature
½ tsp vanilla extract
6 Oreo biscuits
4 Oreo biscuits, smashed up
100g butter at room temperature
250g icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 and place 12 cupcake cases into the cupcake tray holes.
2. In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt then mix well.
3. Next melt the butter and add to a jug with the milk, eggs and vanilla extract, whisk well and slowly pour into the flour mix stirring well until it turns to a smooth consistency.
4. Evenly distribute the cake mixture between the cupcake cases about 2/3’s full. Bake in the oven for 25 mins and leave to cool down fully.
5. Whilst the cupcakes are baking make the buttercream by mixing together all the ingredients and leave in a piping bag.
6. Once baked and completely cool pipe the buttercream onto the cupcakes equally then twist the Oreo biscuits in half and place each half on top of a cupcake.
All done, now you can relax and enjoy the cupcakes!!