I saw this recipe in the stylist magazine a few months ago and I thought they looked amazing!
I love the concept of having the sweet jam with the salty peanut butter because they work really well together.
150g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
100g smooth peanut butter
125g castor sugar
25g light muscovado sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
265g plain white flour, plus extra for dusting
100g of your favorite jam
1) In a bowl cream together the butter and peanut butter for 1 minute. Add both sugars and beat for a further 2 minutes until fluffy. Then add the egg yolk, vanilla and salt and beat until well combined, sift over the flour and mix to form a soft dough. Knead until smooth.
2) Preheat oven to 180°c/gas mark 4 and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
3) On a lightly floured surface roll the dough to 4mm thick.
4) Use a 5cm biscuit cutter to cut out rounds of dough. Then get a shaped stamp and cut a hole from the middle of half of the biscuits. Place all the biscuits on the baking trays.
5) Bake for 8-12 minutes until the biscuits are lightly golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on trays for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
6) When the biscuits are cool, spread jam over the whole biscuits and put the other biscuit on top to create your Jammie Dodger.
Keep the delicious biscuits in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Hope everyone has a great productive morning xx
Stay connected with me https://instagram.com/angelicaa_b/