160g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of sea salt
30g unsalted butter cubed
300g dark chocolate
175g caster sugar
30g flaked almonds
1. Melt the butter and chocolate (bain marie style) over a pan of simmering water. Take off the heat once melted and stir. Allow to cool.
2. Then in a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Beat the eggs and sugar for 3 minutes until pale and slightly thicker. Pour in the chocolate mixture and combine until smooth. Slowly fold in the flour mix.
4. Put the bowl in the fridge for 30 minutes, in the meantime preheat the oven to gas mark 4 and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
5. Take the bowl out of the fridge, scoop up dessert sized chunks of dough, place them onto the baking tray and flatten down.
6. Press almond flakes on the top of each biscuit and bake for 15 minutes, until cracked and shiny on top.