I was even happier with my final super tasty vegetarian main meal! There were only a few adjustments I had to make based on the portion size but other than that it’s similar to the original. These would actually taste pretty good in a burger bun or if make into sausages so they are quite versatile to suit anyone. There has been a limited amount of oils, fats and salt therefore it is very nutritious and also delicious.
|Vegetable oil||4 tbsp|
|Dijon mustard||1 tsp|
- Wash off all of the vegetables and set aside. Make 100ml veg stock in a container and set aside.
- Cut the broccoli into florets and place on a tray in the oven for 15 minutes, until softened.
- Whilst the broccoli is in the oven finely dice the onion and prepare the salad; get a chopping board and chop the radish and cucumber into quarters and toss together with the plum tomatoes and watercress in a small bowl, set aside in the fridge.
- Once the broccoli is done place into a blender with the chickpeas, onion, egg, breadcrumbs and Dijon mustard (season now) blend until well combined then put in a bowl.
- Make the broccoli mixture into 6 burger shapes and place on a tray (brush with oil) and put in the oven for 40 minutes, until golden and crispy. Turn over after 20 mins.
- Next put the rice into a wide pan adding the water, oil and thyme (season now). Bring to the boil then turn down to a gentle heat stirring occasionally.
- Once the rice and veggie burgers are almost cooked use a small pan to heat the tomato passata and vegetable stock to reduce the consistency, do not boil.
- Toss the salad again with a little oil.
- Put the rice onto 2 plates with 3 burgers and drizzle with the tomato sauce.
- Evenly distribute the salad between both plates and serve 🙂
Hope you all enjoy this recipe, it is perfect for dinners, lunches or BBQ parties.