Hey guys, Jamaican ginger cake is one of my favourite cakes aside from chocolate 😋 I found this recipe online and I just had to bake it and share it with you guys. There’s a lot of sugar in the recipe from the soft dark sugar, golden syrup and treacle but it doesn’t taste overly sweet. It was also really runny so I did wonder how the gingerbread would turn out and here is the result…
Makes: 1 loaf tin
175g plain flour, sifted
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
2 tbsp milk or milk alternative
75g black treacle
75g golden syrup
75g dark brown soft sugar
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl mix, sift the flour and spices then separately mix the bicarbonate soda with milk and set aside.
3. Then, into a saucepan measure the treacle, syrup, sugar and butter with 75ml of water. Heat gently until everything is thoroughly melted.
4. Next add the syrup mixture to the flour and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until smooth. Beat in the egg and add the bicarbonate soda and milk.
5. Mix well and pour into the prepared baking tin, place in the oven and bake for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes before taking out.
Instagram: angelicaa_b 👈
Email: email@example.com 👈