Hey everyone 🙂 so this is quite weird combination I think but experimenting with different fruits is fun I think 😉 I like both strawberries and apples but never tried them together. I decided to make this because I had some leftover swiss role cake from my previous baking fail see it here: https://ablovesfood.wordpress.com/2016/10/25/when-i-tried-to-make-a-swiss-role-fail/?preview=true and I didn’t want to waste it. Also the house is always filled with apples!!
Leftover baked sponge cake
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark and take out a rectangle glass oven dish.
2. Crumble up your already baked cake and place in a mixing bowl.
3. Next wash, peel and quarter the apples then grate each piece adding to the bowl.
4. Melt the butter, I like to use the microwave for convenience sometimes. Use a little more or less depending on how much cake you have. Pour the melted butter into the bowl and mix well until everything is combined.
5. Tip into the oven dish and bake for 25 minutes. When you take it out it will be quite spongy and soft. Serve warm with fresh custard 🙂
So this was something really different and doesn’t look the most appealing but it was okay, watch out for my apple cake recipe coming soon.