These biscuits are mini which is cute but you end up eating more 😉 when it comes to making the dough, don’t worry if it’s a little stiff because it will soften out once you start rolling.
175g plain flour
1 tsp mixed spices
115g unsalted butter
50g caster sugar
1. Set the oven to gas mark 4 and line two trays with parchment paper.
2. Seive the flour and spices into a large bowl, add the butter and rub into the mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Next add the sugar and knead together to form a dough. Then role out on a floured surface to 5mm thick.
4. Use a cutter of your choice and cut into the dough placing each biscuit onto the tray. Re-roll and use up all of the dough.
5. Place both trays in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, they will still be quite pale. Put the on a wire rack to cool completely.