This was one of my favourite recipes to make and eat, so basic but very tasty minus the creamy leeks :-\ I’m not a big fan of cream but I know it is very appealing to some people.
50g Pine nuts
5g Fresh oregano
2x Chicken breast (butterflied)
2 tbsp Olive oil for flavour
Vegetable oil for frying
250g New potatoes
1/2 Leek (finely sliced)
100ml Double cream
40g Broad beans
5g Fresh tarragon
1. Wash the potatoes and leeks thoroughly and preheat the oven to gas mark 5.
2. For the crust of the chicken, put the pine nuts into a food processor with the breadcrumbs and oregano. Set aside ready for coating the chicken.
3. Slice the leek into medium sized chunks, then wash the potatoes and place on a oven tray lightly covered with vegetable oil, salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 40- 50 minutes until slightly golden and soft. (Check the potatoes are cooked using a cocktail stick the potatoes should fall off without any force)
4. To butterfly the chicken, place your hand on top of the breast and gently slice down just above the fillet until it opens out like a ‘butterfly’.
5. Put the flour, egg and breadcrumb mix into separate bowls. Take the chicken and evenly cover in each bowl until covered in crumbs, pan fry on both sides for 4 minutes then put in the oven to fully cook for 15 minutes.
6. Whilst the potatoes and chicken are in the oven fry the leeks in the butter until soft, add the double cream, broad beans and tarragon mixing well.
7. Once everything is cooked plate up and enjoy whilst hot.
*don’t forget you can add salt or any seasonings to the chicken if you want more flavour*