Hi everyone 🙂 wishing all read who read a fantastic week in advance!
I’m not a massive fan of ‘Great British Bake Off’ but this recipe is one of Mary Berry’s. You know when you watch a show and you become super inspired by all the wonderful bakings? I like this recipe because it’s kind of half way between a cupcake and biscuit, my two favourites combined together. They also contain fruit which makes it seem healthier.
75g melted butter, plus extra for greasing
100g caster sugar
100g self raising flour, plus extra for dusting
1 egg, beaten
1/2 almond extract
60g Bramley Apple’s, peeled and sliced thinly
15g flaked almondsfraiche
1. You’ll need six 7cm cooking rings, preheat the oven to gas mark 4. Grease the inside of the rings with butter and dust with flour then arrange onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
2. Pour the melted butter into a large bowl, add the sugar, flour, egg and almond extract and mix together until combined.
3. Spoon a little of the mixture between each ring, place the Apple slices over the mixture then cover evenly with the remaining mixture. Level the top with the back of a teaspoon.
4. Scatter each cake with flaked almonds and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until risen and golden brown.
5. Once baked set aside to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing the rings. Serve warm with a dollop of creme fraiche.
Definitely a nice teatime treat.